»

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the constant gardener

the constant gardener...
was that thunder?
no the sound of my heart
whilst listening to
his words...in my ears
sharp - loud
but still smooth
resonating deep
his vocals vibrate thru my phone
sending me in shocks
like a jolt
followed by a bolt
of lightening
making this flower flutter
move in the wind at his speed
shuffling me out of the dirt
but still grounded in my roots
steady but weak, falling over
he knows the nourishment
I need
gives it without warning
or nudging or prodding
sacrificing
to me for me when
I don't know what I desire
a quiet storm, unexpected
should've prayed for this
but didn't know it existed
his air makes me breathe
follows me
life
it pours into me
my middle, my stems
sway to his fertilization
my fruit absorbed by his mouth
no longer wilted but standing strong
no longer stomped and pushed to the ground
his seed
grows me

No comments: