»

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

love explained...

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is.

Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.

- Captain Corelli's Mandolin. "Love is the beauty of the soul."

Do you believe in love??

6 comments:

Organized Noise said...

I believe in love and I believe that true love will find me really soon. I just have to make sure I am ready when it gets here.

Skoolboi Krush said...

Can't believe you've got an Estelle song on here. LOL

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident."

That right there is the truth. The art of making things work when you can't imagine a life without that person.

Roddykat said...

Hmm, never heard it expressed that way. I like it! First sentence is so true.

I believe in love in more than one way. Will not expound. :)

Mizrepresent said...

I so believe in love!

Unknown said...

Yes, I do believe in Love, I witnessed it at the Bloggers delight party between, you and Skool Boi...lol. Hope y'all are still going strong. Oh and before I forget!

Papa's got a brand new Bag!

www.intimateoutings.blogspot.com

Come see me!

Oh yeah, stop in at my original site, there's a complete explanation to why I've been missing in action!

Anonymous said...

Loves this post... But I don't believe in Love, not romantic love anyways, more the family and friends kind

I believe in dudes being in lust and telling us whatever as well as in men working to be in a relationship in contentment but not on the rest